Wednesday, June 10, 2009

BROTHERS IN LSD

this I understood
but could not speak
ne'er 'fore had heard.
touched were parts of brain unused
nerves left dangling and confused
in the by and by.

beheld I all, frozen, one, dumbstruck, hung,
then going on.
moments drop from sky
to hall
but do not stop
the rolling ball.

identity, pulsing and insistent,
asserts this beautiful assertion
this meant-to-be insertion
this all-encompassing compensation
this clearly final say.

TODAY is a crazy word, absurd
but continuation, ah...we are stardust!
and I look to only find myself
and turn to see I am my own star mother!
and I recall all these others:
they are tribute to Perfect Mystery's disclosure.
a Grand Old Flag indeed for our Lord
who, so loving in spirit,
flits through faces of earnest selfhood
changing over
like an egg-shaped mobius in 3-D
or a bubble smiling, which then goes inside out and...
the smile is from that bubble's inner partner
each his other's star brother.
twins who have no opposites
and no identical likenesses
and I can hear Jerry's guitar way up here
insistently howling, THIS.