Thursday, June 11, 2009

NO USE IN CRYIN' (OVER SPILLED MILK)

As you threw the Cheerios,
I noticed you were serious.
As you threw the Cheerios,
And started to cry.
You asked was I delirious.
You were just furious.
I was only curious
To know why.

I said, "There's no use in cryin' anymore!
There's no use in cryin' anymore!
There's no use in cryin' anytime!
Spilled milk you'll always be mine."
Was it the way I had my socks balled up
When I handed you the laundry?
Was it the way I
Looked up at you and smiled?

You started to clean up the cereal that you'd thrown.
I couldn't help but say, "You will reap as you have sown."
I looked inside the refrigerator and closed the door.
I said, "I found out there's no milk left. It's all on the floor."
You said, "There's no use in cryin'. I'll go get some more."
Then you threw 'way the paper towels and went out the door.

You've failed to return home. It's been over a week.
And right now the kitchen is really starting to reek.
I left my heart and the bowl the way they broke
And now I'm out on the porch 'avin' a smoke.

There's no use in cryin' anymore!
I said there's no use in cryin' anymore!
There's no use in cryin' anytime!
Spilled milk you'll always be mine!

(JUNE 14, 1994/SCA)