Wednesday, October 28, 2009

TRAFFIC LIGHT BLUE

I wave. I wave a lot.
I wave so much, when driving
They say I will be killed in Oakland
If I were driving through
To go to Pick and Pull.
I wave so much
My road-doggies laugh at me
when riding along
with me, or me with them.
I wave so much
The other drivers don't know
Whether to stay
Or go, yield, or flow.
I wave.

When I was a boy,
There was a man on the corner,
That waved at all the drivers
Driving by his house
In Berkeley.
He waved from his yard
And my Mom and I would
Wave back, and smile back,
And it seemed he would
Help make peace in the world.
Maybe help a lot.

The knights, I'm told,
Greeted each other with a wave
So the other would know
A sword was not being drawn.

I wave a lot, and nod, and smile, and bow.
But I do not live in the East Bay.
I live in Novato.
I think I may be the only one
In Novato
Trying to help make peace in the world.
I wave so much. I wave a lot. I wave.

(SCA/October 2009)